I spent the day before yesterday, struggling to get a certain fiber to play my way. It won.
Naughty fiber, pretty but stubborn

I gave up. Then I switched to some superwash merino from Gherkin's Bucket, in a colorway called
The Funk of 40 000 Years.
This stuff spins like buttah, and I managed to get the first 4 oz of my 8 total spun up in one long day.Naughty fiber, pretty but stubborn

I gave up. Then I switched to some superwash merino from Gherkin's Bucket, in a colorway called
The Funk of 40 000 Years.

My fairy fiber godmother struck again. It seems she has branched out as well. The 15 pound box caontained loads and loads and loads of fiber as well a a couple of cute stitch markers, some project bags, a spindle bag handmade by my fairy godmother herself, and dyes. I kept pulling stuff out and pulling stuff out and pulling stuff out. If I can find a surface in the house big enough to spread it out for photos, I'll show you. Soon. I promise. I'm still in shock and have to go pet the fiber some more.
ETA July 16th

That's several POUNDS of white fiber under the rest of the entire pile. You can see it peeping out from under the red and light blue on the left side all the way over to the deep red locks on the far right. The box was huge, and still the fiber floomphed out of it when I opened it. She overwhelms me with her generosity. I had to lay on it to stuff the fiber back in again. Should keep me out of trouble for a while, whaddyathink?

No comments:
Post a Comment