
I might have stood a better chance if I really knew what was in there. I was balled up in 2 yard strips. Mostly. There were also some strips about 12 inches or so, as though they had ripped them apart to spin and then decided against it. There were also some random blobs of the various components, as though someone tossed in the scraps from the blending to use a filler anywhere there was a gap.

Whatever the main wool fiber is, it is short (about 1.5 to 2 inches) and has little kink or wave or curl and dyed various shades of blue. There is some long synthetic fiber (angelina, I think) in white, that wants to stick out from the yarn like guard hairs. And there is a soft fuzzy cloud of brown fiber, even shorter than the main fiber. Whoever blended it did a great job aligning all those different lengths, and if I handle it just so, it spins well enough.
It wants to be thin. I was hoping for thick. The color runs are beautiful. I wanted to preserve that aspect, but it wants to be spun thinly, and woolen, and dense. I'm trying everything I know to add some loft at least.

No comments:
Post a Comment