Spent some time today finishing the first strand of the pencil roving. That was before I drove my youngest son to his customer service desk job for his first day back to work in over a week (since his unfortunate accident while playing frisbee, resulting in a badly sprained foot) --only to learn later that the bank inside the store where he works was robbed at gunpoint only minutes before I dropped him off. The police chased the gunman down and ended up shooting him just a few blocks from my home.
I also warped the loom with some cheery yellow cotton, intending to try washcloths and using the pick-up sticks. I managed a few rows, but realized I really was not in the mood to weave. Too restless.
I want to start a pair of socks for myself, but can't choose the pattern. Or rather, I have picked lots of patterns, just none that will work with the yarn I have on hand. I think. I need to finish adding my yarns to my stash on Ravelry, so I can see at a glance what I have and what I don't. Or finish cleaning my daughter's old room out, so I can get to my stash without stacking boxes on top of boxes. But that does not sound fun, either.
So I read for a long while instead. The next-to-last of the Kim Harrison books on Rachel Morgan and the other supernatural denizens of the Hallows.
Like I said, I'm restless. Maybe I'll read the last book in the series The Outlaw Demon Wails
12 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment