I joined in on the annual Tour de Fleece spin-along at Ravelry today. I hope it will inspire me to spend some more time spinning every day. I ended up joining several groups:
* Peletron, of course, since everyone joins that sort of by default.
* Rookies ~ since of course I am a rookie to the tour and to spinning in general
* Team Spindles (formerly drop spindles) because some fibers just beg to be worked on a drop spindle.
*Snobby Spinners ~ because silk was listed as a snobby fiber and I have yet to master silk
* eXtreme Spinning ~ because lots of my fiber comes from her shop
* Sock ~ because I want to use most of the fibers I have for sock yarn
*Phat Fiber ~ because I have gotten 1 box and I've purchased from two or three PF vendors
Speaking of Phat Fiber, I still haven't seen my most recent box. I'm told it was delivered to my house. My husband and my son deny seeing it and they always put my deliveries in one spot anyway, in case they forget to mention it to me. I'm hoping one of the sweet old ladies on the block has swooped over to pick up the box and keep it safe until I got home --and then just forgotten to get it back to me.
I didn't go to ask any of them yesterday because Chris had his arthroscopic surgery done on his knee. Poor thing. He says he feels better already, but it's going to be a while until he is 100% again. I've been trying to spoil him a little while he heals up. He's off for the next two weeks at least.
I did make it to two of the ladies houses today but neither of them have seen my box. I did get to learn about some of the gossip on the street and of course I had to answer questions about my family for the gossip mill. Oh well, the worst they have on me is they have noticed my daughter hasn't been around for months now (Well, no, she lives in DC now and has a very demanding politically related job with lots of responsibilities. She did fly her youngest brother out to see her for spring break this year though). Thankfully, I could use needing to get back to see if Chris needed anything as an excuse to get away from them (and to explain why he hasn't been to work in two days now).
26 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

thanks for entering my giveaway! :D lol... i absolutely LOVED your story!! :D That is precious and amazing and something that i would remember for the rest of my life too! :D I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July! :D
ReplyDelete