30 May 2009

Yarn on the hoof at GeoWoodstock VII and the final countdown

Well, well, well....The end of the school year is in sight, and finally I'll have time to play with all the fibers and yarns and new tools...My first act will be to photograph everything the right way and get it cataloged. Then I'll finish my poor husband's first pair of socks, and then...then the sky is the limit.

What an interesting two weeks it's been since I last wrote.

Firstly, I got to do something I've wanted to do since we first began geocaching. I got to go to a GeoWoodstock mega event. GeoWoodstock VII was in beautiful little Bell Buckle, Tennessee.
100_2341

It was a gathering of 5000 or so of my geobuddies from around the world. Our fearless local leader, Daggy, voluteered our INKY group for registration duty, so we got to be the first official greeters for many of the people who came to the event. I met a lot of people I have harrassed on the forums, or signed logs behind over the years. But interestingly enough, I also got the see yarn on the hoof:

yarn on the hoof
Isn't this little guy just so precious?


more yarn on the hoof
And these fellows (ladies?) were also so sweet.

I got my newest shipment of yarn from 2 Irish Girls, in beautiful Cherry Blossom and Rosewood. (Photos to come).

And Annie brought me some fiber to spin on the wheel. (again photos to come).

I finished a couple of new spindles, in different weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment