31 March 2009

Things Left Undone...

It's sad, I think, that I have stocked up so well on weaving supplies and then failed to even try to warp the loom in over a month.

Days just fly past lately. I hoped I would get some time over Spring Break, but I found myself wandering about the house, cleaning this and that, and putting away things that have been left out over days and months of holiday visitors ~ and one little visitor who should have been here, but hasn't, whose Christmas presents are still sitting wrapped in the spare bedroom. Sigh.

Well, all is forgiven with my favorite yarn store owner, I hope...She is thinking of expanding her business, and has mentioned that she would like me to do her blog. Can you blog for someone else? Sure you can, when you are so close that it's usually a case of great mind thinking alike. Currently, we are trying to learn how to make socks--nice socks, super socks, glorious socks. She will be taking some classes at a fiber seminar soon, and I am trying it the hard way--trial and error. Mostly error. Like this pair, that I will end of frogging because they are too short and I wasn't really loving the feeling of them anyway and I am not at all sure I have enough yarn to finish them anyway....

Currently I am making a pair of socks for my beloved husband, with yarn that he chose for my birthday. I'm thinking that if he liked it enough to get it for me, he'll like it for himself. That's how I shop anyway.

Next up on the loom--dishcloths. In sunny yellow. Goal to get warped: Friday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment