14 March 2009

Birthday goodies & geocaching milestone & dinner

Birthday shopping day!

My beloved husband took me shopping and geocaching today to celebrate my 29 +21 years experience birthday. We went to Frankfort, KY to The Woolery, which isn't open yet, and was closed (but they were expecting a visit from a club, so they were there and had staff on hand, and they were more than happy to let us wander about and look around --especially after they heard we had driven from near Louisville to visit.

And talk about good timing --there was an experience spindler on hand and she was happy to show me some tips to get me started. She helped me pick out a spindle, showed me how to use it, made me try it, corrected a few major errors I was making and gave me a quick lesson on choosing from among the various types of roving. All during her lunch hour from the Springfield library, I might add.

So what did I get? Well, shhh don't tell my favorite lys, but I did have a good time at the Woolery and I got a lot of goodies to try out. Let's run down the list, shall we (I'll post photos later).

8/4 cotton warp in orange, parakeet, yellow, grass, & tulip
8/2 tencel in periwinkle
3/2 perle cotton in black and shell
22/2 cottolin in grey
skeins of euro hempathy in white beach, flavorite blue, and Orange (I see a scarf happening here!)
8 0z of merino top superwash
Cooperworth roving in light brown 1 lb
Ashford top whorl spindle small ($17.75)
brown sh top of the line charcoal Heather
2 pairs 26" baboo circulars
2 beka pickup sticks (and yes, I know I could make them myself, but really the price was cheap enough that it was worth not having to drop by the lumber store and then do all that sanding).

That ought to keep me busy for at least a few days.

I also managed to get my 1000th geocache today! We stopped to find a few geocaches while we were out and about. We did a few in Frankfort and some in Lawrenceburg, but the highlight of the trip was finding my 1000th geocache near the graves of my beloved husband's 2nd great-grandparents.

On the way home, we stopped by one of the newer restaurants in town to check it out. We had been to their sister restaurant across the river many times before, but never there. It was tasty, not as good as it has been other times at the other location, but still very acceptable and the service was fine. The waiter found out it was my birthday (when he had to tell me they didn't have the dessert I really wanted) and the manager was not happy to hear that my meal was only "OK"--so he comped the desserts and coffees.

No comments:

Post a Comment