10 October 2009

Fiber for learning the craft

I've been amassing more fiber lately, probably hording it for the long cool months, when I can sit and spin while the wind howls outside.

I'm currently waiting to see the lastest purchase I;ve made--a couple of types I've been looking for for some time now. The mail this week should bring me: an ounce of grey/brown pygora roving; 8.2 oz grey/brown icelandic roving; and 2.1 oz of soay roving from Wendy Hanson of Shaggy Bear Farms in Scio, OR.

Recently I've gotten some some good etsy finds, incuding some Cheviot, from a finefleece (She included a wooden diz with the order!); some Clun Forest in brown and white from enchanted yarn (4 ounces total); several assorted fibers from destashes including some Norwegian Spælsau in gold and green from kitkatknit on Ravelry and cotswold from Madrid , New York; and of course, new purchases from one of my favorite vendors, eXtreme Spinning.

Other fibers I have on hand to sample:
Gherkin’s Bucket:
pickleseed” merino 3.9 oz
carbonized bamboo -sm amt
merino- gray sm amt
nylon icicle sm amt
superwash sm amt
“Bayou” merino 4.0 oz
Quinn” SW merino & silk 4.3 oz

Designs in Textiles
1 lb bump- New Zealand white sliver
1 lb bump- New Zealand grey-silver sliver
silk hankies-white
silk hankies- dyed in blues by Annie herself!
silk cap
merino coarse
gray alpaca

eXtreme Spinning
milk latte 1 oz
Black Diamond Bamboo 5.4 oz
Super Sock blend–Icelandic/Mohair, 20% Soy Silk, 4 oz
Suffolk-Hampshire blend 4 oz
Silver Shetland lambswool 4 oz
Milk Latte- 4 oz turquoise
Milk Latte- 2 oz white
mulberry silksliver 2 oz pink

Enchanted Yarns
Clun Forest - 2 oz white
Clun Forest - 2 oz gray
Border Leicester Locks -“The Mist” 1 oz

Heidi Hausman–sent sample sizes
Jacob
silk cap
commercial cashmere
hemp
merino
romney
tussah
Yak down
CVM
Wensleydale

StoneLeafMoon -sent samples to try
CVM-huge baggieful
BFL dyed & natural
Navajo Churro lamb
Navajo Churro adult
merino tencel
Icelandic locks
Scottish blackface
polypay
Wensleydale locks
Karakul
silk sari strings
Herwick

Giffordables
White cotton roving
green organic natural cotton combed top
natural brown with cream flecks
Silver & gray kid mohair locks 2 oz

The Woolery
Louet Superwash -white 1 lb
Coopworth- brown 1 lb

Grinny Possum
older Gray alpaca
purple shetland locks

Here and there (or I forgot!)
merino-tussah top 8 oz
tussah silk sliver 1.10z
Gotland lambsdown top 4.1 oz
Flawful Fibers- Rambouillet 4.1 oz roving
Mohair clown locks-large bag
Paradise Fibers- Black Welsh mt top
Sheepish Creations -merino roving 4.2 oz
2 unknown fibers:
white, creamy color, smooth but dry texture
1 brown feathery, fluffy
Funky Carolina Shetland top - 4oz

wooliebullie
silk sliver Elemental - 4oz

afinefleece
Cheviot Fleece Wool–6 oz
sample of cheviot top
sample of merino top

Homestead Wool & Gift
BFL/British Suffolk -Frazier

Wooster Fiber Festival-Ohio farm
Alpaca- Ophelia (dark brown)

BUFFALO
buffalo hair from the Buffalo Guy
buffalo from instar on Ravelery (Canada)
buffalo from Indiana

I can hardly wait to finish the project I have on the wheel and the spindle now and get to some of these.

Oh! And I bought a new spindle from a destash recently. It's a 4" Schacht spindle, obviously barely used.

No comments:

Post a Comment