The whole weaving thing was my own fault, or maybe it was just because it was winter. All I know is that sometime between the time I shut my car door and the time I saw Anne, I had decided I wanted to weave. I didn't know it myself until I saw her and the words came out of my mouth, "I think I need a weaving loom"
Anne didn't bat an eyelash, she just said that she had one for sale at her shop and that she'd bring it in for me to look over the next day. I went home and told my husband I was going to buy a loom. He said "No" Wait. What? He said I couldn't buy a loom? What was up with that? I didn't even ask, just assured him I was going to do it.
The next day, Anne showed me the loom and when I told her it was going home with me, she how to use it and scrambled around to find some yarn that coordinated with the yarn that had come on the (already warped) loom. That was Friday.
By Sunday night I had finished that first piece and warped the loom for first time. Looks like I might really be going to be a weaver.
Now to join Ravelry.

No comments:
Post a Comment